Our Chaplain, Deirdre Collins is a faith presence in our school. It is from a faith perspective, under the co patronage of the Dioscese of Cork & Ross, that the Chaplain offers support to students, staff and parents.Our Chaplain's role includes:
- Being availabile to pupils
- Being a non-judgemental listener
- Supporting Bereavement/ Loss/ Personal Crisis
- Meditation/ Prayer Services
- Preparation of school liturgical celebration
- Encouraging & supporting school involvement in local/ wider community events
- Arranging retreats
- Meeting students individually
- Informal contact around the school
- Class contact
- Promotes a spirit of social justice
- Supports the implementation of various school programmes e.g. Mentor Programme, S.P.H.E., L.C.A.
- Responding to the day to day Pastoral needs of pupils.
Ms. Deirdre Collins - our Chaplain.