We offer the following Leaving Certificate Applied Programme:
The Leaving Certificate Applied is a two-year Leaving Certificate available to students who wish to follow a practical programme with a strong vocational emphasis. With a certificate in Leaving Cert Applied students may do a Post Leaving Cert course and if they choose may continue into higher education.
Feel free to contact our LCA co-coordinator Siobhan Lambert on firstname.lastname@example.org or 023-8833877
This link is for applications for LCA 5th Year starting in September 2023.
THIS LINK IS FOR CCC STUDENTS ONLY.
All other students who wish to apply to the school must do so through our Enrolments Page
Difference between LCA and Traditional Leaving Cert
The subjects that can be studied for LCA can be divided into three main areas:
- General Education subjects,
- Vocational Preparation subjects,
- Vocational Education subjects.
General Education subjects:
(All students study the following subjects)
- English & Communication
- Mathematical Applications
- Vocational Preparation & Guidance
- Introduction to ICT
- Social Education
- Arts Education
- Gaeilge Chumarsáideach (in 1st Yr) / Spanish (in 2nd Yr)
- Leisure and Recreation
(Students choose 2 specialisms)
- Engineering OR Hotel, Catering and Tourism
- Graphics and Construction Studies OR Art, Craft and Design
(Students study short courses called electives)
How is LCA assessed?
- Completing coursework for their modules or Key Assignments
- Seven projects or Student Tasks
- Seven Final Exams
Progression Routes after LCA
LCA as Preparation for Work
Specialisms – These are vocational areas of study that help the students develop specific skills and knowledge relevant to a range of careers. Students choose two of these to study from a choice of eleven.